Support Website Usage
The term website refers to the site available at www.speechlink.co.uk or www.speechandlanguage.support accessed with or without the www prefix.
The term Speech Link Multimedia Ltd or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is at Canterbury Innovation Centre, University Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7FG, UK.
The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to the user of the website and/or purchaser of access to the website.
The term ‘Speech and Language Materials’ means the written, picture, sound and video materials whether constructed as an assessment or supporting resources or otherwise and available to subscribers via the website.
- Whilst using these Speech and Language Materials you undertake to keep them secure from unauthorised access. This includes but is not limited to, proper use of password protection, not sharing your password(s) and not permitting the materials to be accessed beyond the geographical boundaries of your school. There is a permitted exception in relation to not accessing the materials beyond the geographical boundaries of your school. Such access is permitted where a member of staff of the licensed school wishes to access the materials for planning or review purposes related to the licensed school
- You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure
- You undertake not to copy, reproduce, translate, adapt, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise vary or modify the Speech and Language Therapy Materials without the written consent of Speech Link Multimedia Ltd, except as may be expressly permitted otherwise in this agreement
- You must not use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website
- You must not use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- The information presented on this website does not constitute legal advice and cannot be construed as offering comprehensive guidance
- If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed on this site please notify us. We accept no liability for infringements as a result of user generated content but we will take reasonable action to remove such content where possible
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to English Law
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law
- are subject to the above
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms and conditions or relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions
- We do not warrant that any specific intervention described or demonstrated within the Speech and Language Materials will produce successful remediation of an identified speech or language difficulty in respect of every individual child
- The assessments indicate potential difficulties and their likely severity, for a full diagnostic assessment we always recommend discussion with a qualified speech and language therapist
- In the case of individual pupils’ results, within the language assessments a colour banding for the result is produced which indicates broadly whether specialist (speech and language therapist) discussion is required (red band), classroom based intervention is required (blue band) or no intervention currently required (clear band). In line with the statistical limitations of all such screening assessments we do not warrant that a student flagged in any given band should be in that band or that the student does or does not require the interventions consequent to that band or another band
- In the case of the speech assessment and in line with the limitations of all such assessments we do not warrant that a student flagged with a specific speech sound problem has that problem or that a student flagged as being without a specific speech sound problem does not have or will not subsequently develop such a problem
This website and its content is copyright of Speech Link Multimedia Ltd (2004 – 2018) and our contributors. All rights reserved.
Copyright applies to all the Speech and Language Materials and any other associated materials on this website.
Any redistribution, reproduction, communication to the public or adaptation of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print the speech and language materials for use within the geographic boundaries of the subscribing establishment
- You may print the parents’ materials for use by the parents/carers of children attending the subscribing establishment
Special Copyright terms for those with free access to the support site From time to time and at our sole discretion, we may provide charge free access to the subscription section of the website for services involved with the support of schools. This is called a “support service login” or a “therapist login”. In this case the copyright clauses below apply and supercede the copyright clauses above under “Copyright of material on the support website”:
- You may not distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system
- It is expressly forbidden to print, save electronically or otherwise store or utilise the speech and language therapy materials except for the support of a subscribing establishment. For the avoidance of doubt this means that you cannot in any way use the speech and language therapy materials in a school which does not already have a subscription to the support package which the materials relate to
- It is expressly forbidden to print, save electronically or otherwise store or utilise the speech and language therapy materials for use in a speech and language therapy clinic. Special subscriptions and utilities are available. If you wish to do this, please enquire
- You may access and print the materials in order to demonstrate to and support schools which have a current subscription, (that is, a paid subscription for the current academic year)
To become a subscriber to our website you must pay the applicable subscription fees including any first year start-up fee.
These fees are published on our information website at www.speechandlanguage.info or www.speechlink.info
Alternatively you may send us an official school purchase order and we will send you a copy of these terms and conditions. If you accept the terms and conditions we will send you access details and a contract between us for the supply of website services shall come into force. The invoice will then be due for payment.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
- temporarily suspend your access to our website
- permanently prohibit you from accessing our website
- SPEECH LINK MULTIMEDIA LTD, LANGUAGE LINK AND SPEECH LINK, our logos and our other registered and unregistered trade marks are trade marks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights
- Any third party registered and unregistered trade marks or service marks on our website are the property of their respective owners and, unless stated otherwise in these terms and conditions, we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights
These terms and conditions together with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our website and the Speech and Language Materials and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our website and the Speech and Language Materials.
Law and Jurisdiction
- Any disputes relating to these terms and conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England